B.G.S., Computer Systems Technology
University of South Florida
Bachelor of General Studies, Computer Systems Technology
The Computer Systems Technology concentration has been designed to bridge the gap between computer science and the business use of computers. Its emphasis is on knowledge-based computer and information technology as well as applications, programming and networking in an era of rapidly changing technology.
What can I do with this degree?
Here are some common professional paths for graduates:
- Software Developer
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Customer Support Specialist
- Help Desk Technician
- Web Developer
- And more!
What’s in it for you:
- A personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
- 100% fully online classes.
- Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
- Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Application for admission
- Non-refundable $30 application fee
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended (current up to time of application)
- Any college or university work that was completed at a non-U.S. institution must be submitted along with a course-by-course Foreign Credential Evaluation from a Credential Evaluation Service
- Official IELTS or TOEFL scores, if applicable
In order to be admitted into the Bachelor of General Studies (BGS) program, applicants must:
- Have completed at least 60 credit hours at a regionally accredited college or university
- Have been out of school for approximately three or more years
- Complete a screened application process conducted by a program advisor
- Be in good standing with former educational institutions
- Meet USF general admissions standards for transfer students
- Additional requirements may apply, if you are a former USF student