B.S., Health Services Administration
Bachelor of Science, Health Services Administration
A Bachelor of Science in Health Services Administration from Barry University will prepare you for a career in the Health Services industry in an administrative capacity. Coursework is designed to give you a broad view of today's Healthcare system and will prepare you for entry and middle management positions in such areas as hospital, medical or dental clinics, group medical practices, managed care organizations, long-term care facilities, insurance companies, home health agencies, and governmental health agencies. Courses emphasize management skills and business practices used in today's complex Healthcare systems.
You may not have been in a classroom for a while, but you have never stopped learning. Your professional and community activities are valuable. The portfolio program, required for graduation, allows you to translate your real-life learning into as much as 30 hours of college credit. Talk to a Complete Florida Coach today to find out if this online degree program is right for you.
What can I do with this degree?
Here are some common professional paths for graduates:
- Patient Care Services Administrator
- Medical Office Manager
- Medical Staff Relations Officer
- Rehabilitation Services Manager
- Community Health Manager
- And more!
What’s in it for you:
- A personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
- 100% fully online classes.
- Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
- Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
Criteria for Full Acceptance
- Interview with an academic advisor.
- Request an official transcript from each college attended
- If no college credit or fewer than 12 credits have been earned, request an official high school transcript indicating graduation from a regionally accredited high school or official GED transcript.
- Applicants holding an associate degree or its equivalent must present a minimum of three years full-time professional work and/or community service experience past high school.
- Applicants not holding an associate degree or its equivalent must present a minimum of five years of full-time professional work and/or community service experience past high school.
The official transcripts can be mailed to Barry University, Office of Admissions, 11300 NE 2nd Avenue, Miami Shores, FL 3316. To save time, students may also select electronic transcript if available. Barry University’s CEEB code is 5053 or an official electronic transcript may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Criteria for Provisional Acceptance
Provisional acceptance is extended to those whose transcripts reflect less than a 2.00 cumulative grade point average at the time of application. A student enrolling under this option is limited to twelve credits in which a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00 must be achieved at Barry University. Upon successful completion of 12 credits with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.00 at Barry, full acceptance will be granted. Those who are unable to complete the admission requirements (see Criteria for Full Acceptance) at the time of application are limited to twelve credit hours at Barry University. To enroll in additional coursework, the student must submit all required credentials before subsequent enrollments.