Cert., Safety, Function, Action for Disaster Responders (MOOC)
Certificate, Safety, Function, Action for Disaster Responders (MOOC)
This online course will prepare you for a career in public health, health care, emergency preparedness, and emergency response professionals. You'll learn how to maintain maximal safety, optimal function, and effective action in emergencies, disasters, and extreme events with this free six-week workshop.
This 100% online workshop gives you access to videos, readings, problem sets, and interactive user forums in one convenient format. At the end of this program, you will earn a certificate of completion.
What will I learn from this certification?
- Learn six strategies for maintaining and achieving a high level of "disaster health."
- Examine public health, medical preparedness, and disaster behavioral health in one framework.
- Apply what you've learned to incidents ranging from single-person events to community-wide disasters.
- Develop skills to work with both disaster responders and survivors.
What’s in it for you:
- A personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
- 100% fully online classes.
- Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
- Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
- Must be able to speak English proficiently.
- Submit a Complete Florida application.