B.A., Criminal Justice
Florida Atlantic University
Bachelor of Arts, Criminal Justice
Your road map to success begins at Florida Atlantic University (FAU) where the School of Criminology & Criminal Justice (SCCJ) faculty delivers outstanding online instruction at the undergraduate level with courses that meet national benchmarks for quality. If you are dedicated to a pathway of excellence and distinction, your journey begins here. The Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice provides you with knowledge about the nature and causes of crime and delinquency, law and the legal system for juveniles and adults in American society, and the decision processes of criminal justice agencies. You will be broadly educated within a general education framework in the liberal arts and also provided with courses that directly apply to careers within the criminal and juvenile justice systems and the study of law. The baccalaureate degree in Criminal Justice will provide you with a suitable foundation for graduate study in criminal justice, criminology, public administration, and other graduate school programs.
What can I do with this degree?
Here are some common professional paths for graduates:
- Crime Analyst
- Local and Federal Law Enforcement
- Corrections Officer
- Victim Advocate
- Fraud Investigator
- Juvenile Justice Specialist
- Parole or Probation Officer
What’s in it for you:
- A personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
- 100% fully online classes.
- Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
- Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
- Complete Florida application
- $30.00 application fee
- If you have less than 30 hours of college course credit:
- If you have less than 30 college credits, you have to have left your previous school in good standing with a 2.5 or better GPA. You will also need to provide ACT or SAT scores.
- If you have more than 60 hours of college course credit:
- If you have 60 or more transferable credits, you have to have left your previous school in good standing with a 2.5 or better GPA. You would also need to have your foreign language requirement completed.
- If you have your Associates Degree:
- If you already have your Associates Degree, you can be admitted to most any program. However, College of Business, College of Engineering & Computer Science, School of Communication and Multimedia Studies, and Music majors are selective and have additional requirements. Please talk to a Complete Florida Coach.