B.A., Interdisciplinary Studies
Florida Atlantic University
Bachelor of Arts, Interdisciplinary Studies
The major in Interdisciplinary Studies at Florida Atlantic University is appropriate if you wish to design a program of study that spans a broad range of disciplines, and if you wish to concentrate generally in the Arts and Humanities or in the Social Sciences without a specific departmental major. You have maximum flexibility in completing this degree. The knowledge and intellectual training provided is good preparation for graduate study in the fields of the arts and humanities, the study of law, and for careers in government, the ministry and public service professions. The Interdisciplinary Degree has two concentrations in the College of Arts and Letters available in the 100% online degree formats: (a) Arts and Humanities and (b) Social Sciences. Within the concentrations are discipline areas which specialize in different fields of study.
The major in Interdisciplinary allows you to include a broad range of disciplines in their studies, rather than choose a particular major. A recent survey of business and non-profit executives published by the Association of American Colleges and Universities reports that today’s employers want college graduates who can “think critically, communicate clearly, and solve complex problems” and who can “demonstrate ethical judgment and integrity; intercultural skills; and the capacity for continued new learning.” More than 74% of the executives surveyed endorsed a Liberal Arts education for students entering the global economy.
What can I do with this degree?
Here are some common professional paths for graduates:
- Community Development Officer
- Loss Prevention Manager
- Account Representative
- Title Officer
What’s in it for you:
- A Complete Florida personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
- Finish in 12 months: Students can earn their degree in a year or opt for a slower progression.
- Affordable: Most students can complete the program for about $5,000 including tuition, fees and books.
- Online courses: Courses are offered 100% online on your time.
- Industry-focused curriculum: The RN-to-BSN curriculum was developed in conjunction with Central Florida healthcare providers.
- Experienced faculty: Our faculty are full-time, dedicated instructors who are focused on student success.
- Nationally accredited: ACEN accreditation demonstrates commitment to national nursing education standards.
- Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
- Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
- Complete Florida application
- $30.00 application fee
- If you have less than 30 hours of college course credit:
- If you have less than 30 college credits, you have to have left your previous school in good standing with a 2.5 or better GPA. You will also need to provide ACT or SAT scores.
- If you have more than 60 hours of college course credit:
- If you have 60 or more transferable credits, you have to have left your previous school in good standing with a 2.5 or better GPA. You would also need to have your foreign language requirement completed.
- If you have your Associates Degree:
- If you already have your Associates Degree, you can be admitted to most any program. However, College of Business, College of Engineering & Computer Science, School of Communication and Multimedia Studies, and Music majors are selective and have additional requirements. Please talk to a Complete Florida Coach.