B.A., Public Safety Administration
Florida Atlantic University
Bachelor of Arts, Public Safety Administration
The Bachelor of Public Safety Administration (B.P.S.A.) at Florida Atlantic University is an undergraduate degree program if you are interested in police and disaster response practice and administration. Its overall purpose is to provide:
- A professional/preprofessional degree program for if you plan to enter the fields of law enforcement, homeland security and disaster response;
- Giving you a foundation for continuing in a professionally focused graduate program; and
- An “umbrella degree” that allows you to combine key areas from several disciplines to graduate with a preprofessional degree.
The School of Public Administration offers a Bachelor of Public Safety Administration (BPSA), with two specializations:
- Law Enforcement/Corrections and
- Disaster Management.
If you have the desire for a career to truly make a difference in the lives of your fellow citizens and the safety of your country, then the BPSA degree program is for you.
What can I do with this degree?
Students graduating from the program will have improved opportunities in the police, homeland security (airports, seaports, etc.) and disaster management fields throughout Florida and the United States, including:
- Public Safety Director
- Emergency Management Expert
- Law Enforcement Officer (local, state and federal)
- Homeland Security Officer
- Corrections Officer
- Probation and Parole Officer
- Intelligence Agencies
What’s in it for you:
- A Complete Florida personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
- Finish in 12 months: Students can earn their degree in a year or opt for a slower progression.
- Affordable: Most students can complete the program for about $5,000 including tuition, fees and books.
- Online courses: Courses are offered 100% online on your time.
- Industry-focused curriculum: The RN-to-BSN curriculum was developed in conjunction with Central Florida healthcare providers.
- Experienced faculty: Our faculty are full-time, dedicated instructors who are focused on student success.
- Nationally accredited: ACEN accreditation demonstrates commitment to national nursing education standards.
- Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
- Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
- Complete Florida application
- $30.00 application fee
- If you have less than 30 hours of college course credit:
- If you have less than 30 college credits, you have to have left your previous school in good standing with a 2.5 or better GPA. You will also need to provide ACT or SAT scores.
- If you have more than 60 hours of college course credit:
- If you have 60 or more transferable credits, you have to have left your previous school in good standing with a 2.5 or better GPA. You would also need to have your foreign language requirement completed.
- If you have your Associates Degree:
- If you already have your Associates Degree, you can be admitted to most any program. However, College of Business, College of Engineering & Computer Science, School of Communication and Multimedia Studies, and Music majors are selective and have additional requirements. Please talk to a Complete Florida Coach.