B.S., Computer Science
Florida Atlantic University
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
Computer science is the study of computers, computer software and computational systems including their theory, design, development and application. Principal areas within computer science include Internet and web programming, mobile system development, data mining and machine learning, social networks, video game development, human-computer interaction, artificial intelligence, database systems, programming languages, software engineering and theory of computing.
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science at Florida Atlantic University will provide you with a quality online education. Computer science incorporates concepts from mathematics, engineering and psychology. Through this program you will gain knowledge in the following areas:
- Software design and development, data structures and operating systems
- Designing and executing solutions to technical problems
- Effective communication
- Proficiency in math and scientific principles relevant to computer science
- Understanding of the human context in which computing activities take place.
What can I do with this degree?
Here are some common professional paths for graduates:
- Software Developer
- Internet and web programmer
- Mobile system developer
- Video game developer
- Human-computer interaction
- Database systems developer
What’s in it for you:
- A personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
- 100% fully online classes.
- Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
- Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
- Complete Florida application
- $30.00 application fee
- If you have less than 30 hours of college course credit:
- If you have less than 30 college credits, you have to have left your previous school in good standing with a 2.5 or better GPA. You will also need to provide ACT or SAT scores.
- If you have more than 60 hours of college course credit:
- If you have 60 or more transferable credits, you have to have left your previous school in good standing with a 2.5 or better GPA. You would also need to have your foreign language requirement completed.
- If you have your Associates Degree:
- If you already have your Associates Degree, you can be admitted to most any program. However, College of Business, College of Engineering & Computer Science, School of Communication and Multimedia Studies, and Music majors are selective and have additional requirements. Please talk to a Complete Florida Coach.