B.A., English: Writing and Rhetoric
Florida International University
Bachelor of Arts, English: Writing and Rhetoric
Within the department of English, you will be driven to explore language – written and spoken – to enrich lives and impact change in the world. The written word is a valuable tool for communication. If you have a passion for the written word you will be completely enthralled with the fully online Bachelor of Arts in English. You can find your path and earn a degree with special emphasis in Writing and Rhetoric.
If you are interested in acquiring advanced skills in communications, argumentation and writing thrive in the writing and rhetoric track. Through coursework that draws on current research in the field of writing and rhetoric studies as well as the diverse resources of South Florida, you will become a rhetorically sophisticated reader and writer who is adapt to and shape the 21st century multicultural, multilingual, and digital context in which you live and work.
What can I do with this degree?
Here are some common professional paths for graduates:
- Newspaper Journalist
- Web Content Manager
- Editorial Assistant
- Copy Editor
- And more!
What’s in it for you:
- A Complete Florida personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
- Finish in 12 months: Students can earn their degree in a year or opt for a slower progression.
- Affordable: Most students can complete the program for about $5,000 including tuition, fees and books.
- Online courses: Courses are offered 100% online on your time.
- Industry-focused curriculum: The RN-to-BSN curriculum was developed in conjunction with Central Florida healthcare providers.
- Experienced faculty: Our faculty are full-time, dedicated instructors who are focused on student success.
- Nationally accredited: ACEN accreditation demonstrates commitment to national nursing education standards.
- Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
- Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Complete Florida application
- $30 application fee
- Official college transcripts
- If you have fewer than 60 transferable credits, you must also submit your high school transcripts and SAT and/or ACT scores, in addition to any transcripts from post-secondary schools, to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. CLEP, AP, and IB scores must be sent separately if AA degree has not been posted to transcripts.
*Missing residency information will prevent you from registering for classes if admitted. FIU accepts transcripts in the following ways:1) Electronic
- Faster (All FL public institutions)
- Naviance (Typically used by private HS schools)
- SMART/Joint Service Transcript – Military records
Transcript sent directly from your high school and/or college in a sealed envelope to:
Florida International University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
P.O. Box 659003
Miami, FL 33265-9003
NOTE: Transcripts received by FIU become the property of FIU and will not be returned to the applicant or forwarded to any other institution. Please do not send us your original transcript/diploma if you have no other copies.
Admissions decisions are made on a space-available basis as applications are completed and all supporting documents are received. In order to be invited to apply for merit scholarships you must be admitted prior to November 1 and meet minimum scholarship criteria.