Florida International University
Bachelor of Arts, History
In order to know where you are going, you need to know where you’ve been. This basic tenet is the foundation of the FIU online Bachelor of Arts in History. With emerging markets, evolving political states, and cultural conflicts, a bachelor’s degree in history will give you a well-rounded regional view of the world’s most dynamic areas.
You will gain critical skills for research, communications and investigative work as they learn about past societies and correlate there lessons to modern issues. You will also discover the causes and impacts of scientific and technological breakthroughs; environmental events; the formation, evolution and conflicts of family groups; mass migration; wars, cultural encounters; and revolutions on regions across the world and from the ancient world to the present. The program covers art, religion, linguistic differences, and historical texts as well as philosophical thought on the cross sections of our shared human experience through time.
What can I do with this degree?
Here are some common professional paths for graduates:
- Museum Curator
- History Teacher
- And more!
What’s in it for you:
- A Complete Florida personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
- Finish in 12 months: Students can earn their degree in a year or opt for a slower progression.
- Affordable: Most students can complete the program for about $5,000 including tuition, fees and books.
- Online courses: Courses are offered 100% online on your time.
- Industry-focused curriculum: The RN-to-BSN curriculum was developed in conjunction with Central Florida healthcare providers.
- Experienced faculty: Our faculty are full-time, dedicated instructors who are focused on student success.
- Nationally accredited: ACEN accreditation demonstrates commitment to national nursing education standards.
- Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
- Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Complete Florida application
- $30 application fee
- Official college transcripts
- If you have fewer than 60 transferable credits, you must also submit your high school transcripts and SAT and/or ACT scores, in addition to any transcripts from post-secondary schools, to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. CLEP, AP, and IB scores must be sent separately if AA degree has not been posted to transcripts.
*Missing residency information will prevent you from registering for classes if admitted. FIU accepts transcripts in the following ways:1) Electronic
- Faster (All FL public institutions)
- Naviance (Typically used by private HS schools)
- SMART/Joint Service Transcript – Military records
Transcript sent directly from your high school and/or college in a sealed envelope to:
Florida International University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
P.O. Box 659003
Miami, FL 33265-9003
NOTE: Transcripts received by FIU become the property of FIU and will not be returned to the applicant or forwarded to any other institution. Please do not send us your original transcript/diploma if you have no other copies.
Admissions decisions are made on a space-available basis as applications are completed and all supporting documents are received. In order to be invited to apply for merit scholarships you must be admitted prior to November 1 and meet minimum scholarship criteria.