Florida International University
Bachelor of Arts, Spanish
FIU’s online Bachelor of Arts in Spanish allows you to connect with other countries and cultures and learn the second-most important language in the United States. In fact, Spanish is the second most spoken language in the world after Chinese, with roughly 400 million native speakers. It is the national language of 20 countries, including 19 in the Western Hemisphere.
The Spanish major progresses from courses in basic language skills through intermediate and advanced courses in conversation, grammar, composition, and linguistics to the study of the masterpieces of Spanish and Spanish-American literature, representative Hispanic films, and the historical and contemporary civilizations of Spain and Latin America. Applied Spanish courses in business Spanish and specialized Spanish vocabulary for various professions are also offered.
What can I do with this degree?
Here are some common professional paths for graduates:
- Bilingual Educator
- International Relations Consultant
- Foreign Service Officer
- And more!
What’s in it for you:
- A Complete Florida personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
- Finish in 12 months: Students can earn their degree in a year or opt for a slower progression.
- Affordable: Most students can complete the program for about $5,000 including tuition, fees and books.
- Online courses: Courses are offered 100% online on your time.
- Industry-focused curriculum: The RN-to-BSN curriculum was developed in conjunction with Central Florida healthcare providers.
- Experienced faculty: Our faculty are full-time, dedicated instructors who are focused on student success.
- Nationally accredited: ACEN accreditation demonstrates commitment to national nursing education standards.
- Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
- Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Complete Florida application
- $30 application fee
- Official college transcripts
- If you have fewer than 60 transferable credits, you must also submit your high school transcripts and SAT and/or ACT scores, in addition to any transcripts from post-secondary schools, to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. CLEP, AP, and IB scores must be sent separately if AA degree has not been posted to transcripts.
*Missing residency information will prevent you from registering for classes if admitted. FIU accepts transcripts in the following ways:1) Electronic
- Faster (All FL public institutions)
- Naviance (Typically used by private HS schools)
- SMART/Joint Service Transcript – Military records
Transcript sent directly from your high school and/or college in a sealed envelope to:
Florida International University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
P.O. Box 659003
Miami, FL 33265-9003
NOTE: Transcripts received by FIU become the property of FIU and will not be returned to the applicant or forwarded to any other institution. Please do not send us your original transcript/diploma if you have no other copies.
Admissions decisions are made on a space-available basis as applications are completed and all supporting documents are received. In order to be invited to apply for merit scholarships you must be admitted prior to November 1 and meet minimum scholarship criteria.