B.S., Health Services Administration
Florida International University
Bachelor of Science, Health Services Administration
The Bachelor of Health Services Administration Program’s mission in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences at Florida International University is to prepare diverse health services managers as leaders in the delivery of high quality, accessible, culturally competent, evidence-based, management of healthcare organizations within an ever changing, highly technological and global environment. The program focuses on a balance of evidence and value-based approaches to healthcare management and policies that promote better community health and healthcare services with a special emphasis on urban and multicultural populations.
The changing state of healthcare in our country has had a dramatic effect on the way hospitals, clinics, practitioner offices, and insurance companies care for patients. The field of health services administration combines politics, business, and science in managing the human and fiscal resources needed to deliver effective health services.
As a health service administrator, you'll be responsible for the overall business management of healthcare facilities. Whether you're responsible for an entire facility or just a specific department, you'll create and implement policy and procedures, hire and supervise staff, control finances, order supplies, and coordinate your plans and activities with those of other healthcare managers.
What can I do with this degree?
Here are some common professional paths for graduates:
- Health Insurance Specialist
- Social and Community Service Managers
- Practice Manager
- Hospital Administrator
- Health Clinic Supervisor
- And more!
What’s in it for you:
- A personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
- 100% fully online classes.
- Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
- Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Complete Florida application
- $30 application fee
- Official college transcripts
- If you have fewer than 60 transferable credits, you must also submit your high school transcripts and SAT and/or ACT scores, in addition to any transcripts from post-secondary schools, to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. CLEP, AP, and IB scores must be sent separately if AA degree has not been posted to transcripts.
*Missing residency information will prevent you from registering for classes if admitted. FIU accepts transcripts in the following ways:1) Electronic
- Faster (All FL public institutions)
- Naviance (Typically used by private HS schools)
- SMART/Joint Service Transcript – Military records
Transcript sent directly from your high school and/or college in a sealed envelope to:
Florida International University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
P.O. Box 659003
Miami, FL 33265-9003
NOTE: Transcripts received by FIU become the property of FIU and will not be returned to the applicant or forwarded to any other institution. Please do not send us your original transcript/diploma if you have no other copies.
Admissions decisions are made on a space-available basis as applications are completed and all supporting documents are received. In order to be invited to apply for merit scholarships you must be admitted prior to November 1 and meet minimum scholarship criteria.