B.S., Internet of Things
Florida International University
Bachelor of Science, Internet of Things
In today’s world, communication is key, and it’s not just for humans anymore. Our devices “talk” to each other through complex wireless networks that involve the internet. These devices and their “language” are the focus of FIU’s Bachelor of Science in Internet of Things.
This comprehensive program teaches you a vast amount of data for a complete internet of things skill set. You will not only learn how to handle hardware, software and security issues associated with devices, but they will learn forward-thinking principles to become experts in the technological areas of energy, transportation, and medicine. You will also learn programming, cybersecurity and hardware design and will be able to apply their skills and knowledge to future jobs within organizations that may not even exist today. You will be able to apply your knowledge to a large range of careers in the real world.
What can I do with this degree?
Here are some common professional paths for graduates:
- Cloud Management
- Data Analyst
- Applications Developer
- And more!
What’s in it for you:
- A Complete Florida personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
- Finish in 12 months: Students can earn their degree in a year or opt for a slower progression.
- Affordable: Most students can complete the program for about $5,000 including tuition, fees and books.
- Online courses: Courses are offered 100% online on your time.
- Industry-focused curriculum: The RN-to-BSN curriculum was developed in conjunction with Central Florida healthcare providers.
- Experienced faculty: Our faculty are full-time, dedicated instructors who are focused on student success.
- Nationally accredited: ACEN accreditation demonstrates commitment to national nursing education standards.
- Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
- Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Complete Florida application
- $30 application fee
- Official college transcripts
- If you have fewer than 60 transferable credits, you must also submit your high school transcripts and SAT and/or ACT scores, in addition to any transcripts from post-secondary schools, to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. CLEP, AP, and IB scores must be sent separately if AA degree has not been posted to transcripts.
*Missing residency information will prevent you from registering for classes if admitted. FIU accepts transcripts in the following ways:1) Electronic
- Faster (All FL public institutions)
- Naviance (Typically used by private HS schools)
- SMART/Joint Service Transcript – Military records
Transcript sent directly from your high school and/or college in a sealed envelope to:
Florida International University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
P.O. Box 659003
Miami, FL 33265-9003
NOTE: Transcripts received by FIU become the property of FIU and will not be returned to the applicant or forwarded to any other institution. Please do not send us your original transcript/diploma if you have no other copies.
Admissions decisions are made on a space-available basis as applications are completed and all supporting documents are received. In order to be invited to apply for merit scholarships you must be admitted prior to November 1 and meet minimum scholarship criteria.