B.S., Elementary Education with Reading and ESOL
Indian River State College
Bachelor of Science, Elementary Education with Reading and ESOL
As a teacher, you can make a difference in the lives of children and teens, helping to shape them into productive adults. Employment opportunities for teachers in Florida are excellent, especially in the high-demand fields of math, science, ESE and bilingual education.
If you are graduating with a Bachelor’s Degree you may want to focus on elementary age children, teaching basic academic, social or other formative skills in a public or private school. Others choose to teach students in one or more subjects— such as English as a second language, mathematics or social studies—or teach occupational, career and technical, or developmental education subjects in a private or public school at the middle-school or high-school level.
At least one proctored assessment is required for each online course. Some programs may also require you to complete a practicum experience.
What can I do with this degree?
Here are some common professional paths for graduates:
- Elementary School Teacher
- Kindergarten Teacher
- Special Education Teacher
- And more!
What’s in it for you:
- A personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
- 100% fully online classes.
- Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
- Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
- Complete an application for admission
- Submit high school and previous college transcripts