B.S., Exceptional Student Education and ESOL
Indian River State College
Bachelor of Science, Exceptional Student Education and ESOL
As a teacher, you can make a difference in the lives of children and teens, helping to shape them into productive adults. Employment opportunities for teachers in Florida are excellent, especially in the high-demand fields of math, science, ESE and bilingual education.
ESE teachers enjoy the challenge of helping exceptional students reach their full potential. These teachers also work with the families of students as well as the community to provide exceptional students with rich opportunities for learning. Furthermore, these elementary teachers are responsible for providing instruction in multiple subject areas. Secondary school teachers must be endorsed in the specific discipline they want to teach i.e. math, English, social studies.
At least one proctored assessment is required for each online course. Some programs may also require you to complete a practicum experience.
What can I do with this degree?
Here are some common professional paths for graduates:
- Elementary School Teacher
- Kindergarten Teacher
- Special Education Teacher
- And more!
What’s in it for you:
- A personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
- 100% fully online classes.
- Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
- Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
- Complete an application for admission
- Submit high school and previous college transcripts