B.S., Healthcare Management
Indian River State College
Bachelor of Science, Healthcare Management
Healthcare managers are trained to plan, direct and coordinate medical and health services. They keep healthcare operations running smoothly by making decisions, solving problems, monitoring resources, analyzing information, implementing healthcare programs and coordinating the work of others.
When you graduate from IRSC earning a B.S. Degree in Healthcare Management may seek employment in a hospital, clinic, outpatient surgery center, physician’s office, public health agency, long-term care facility or laboratory. You can even further your education with a graduate degree in healthcare management. The Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME) sets measureable criteria for excellence in healthcare education and offers an online listing of accredited programs.
The Healthcare Management program is a selective admission program. Students are selected based on criteria outlined in the Healthcare Management Student Handbook. At least one proctored assessment is required for each online course. Some programs may also require you to complete a practicum experience.
What can I do with this degree?
Here are some common professional paths for graduates:
- Public Health Education Supervisor
- Clinical Director
- Medical Records Manager
- Office Manager
- Health and Social Services Manager
- And more!
What’s in it for you:
- A personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
- 100% fully online classes.
- Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
- Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
- Complete an application for admission
- Submit high school and previous college transcripts