A.S., Security Management and Administration
Miami Dade College
Associate of Science, Security Management and Administration
The Associate Science Degree in Security Management and Administration is a technical degree designed to provide competencies for students seeking positions in homeland security and private security. The degree opens up opportunities for positions with the government in Transportation Security Administration and in the growing field of private security.
What can I do with this degree program?
Here are some common professional paths for graduates:
- Emergency Management Director
- Information Security Analyst
- Intelligence Analyst
- Security Guard
- Homeland Security Officer
- And more!
What’s in it for you:
- A Complete Florida personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
- Finish in 12 months: Students can earn their degree in a year or opt for a slower progression.
- Affordable: Most students can complete the program for about $5,000 including tuition, fees and books.
- Online courses: Courses are offered 100% online on your time.
- Industry-focused curriculum: The RN-to-BSN curriculum was developed in conjunction with Central Florida healthcare providers.
- Experienced faculty: Our faculty are full-time, dedicated instructors who are focused on student success.
- Nationally accredited: ACEN accreditation demonstrates commitment to national nursing education standards.
- Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
- Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
Apply to MDC using the college-wide application system. Students need to declare a "pre-select" major while completing your prerequisites and general education requirements.
Students who have taken courses outside of Miami Dade College need to send official and complete transcripts to MDC Transcript Processing Services. Students with a foreign degree will need to have a course-by-course evaluation by a NACES approved company. Additionally, those who graduated from an institution located in a country whose native language is not English will need to have a translation by an approved company, and passing TOEFL or IELTS scores in order to validate their foreign degree. Students who do not have the ability to have their foreign baccalaureate degrees posted to MDC must see an advisor.