Cert., Business Management - Small Business Specialization
Miami Dade College
Certificate, Business Management - Small Business Specialization Certification
The Business Management College Credit Certificate program is designed to prepare you to be a manager trainee, supervisor or small business owner. Following completion of the program, you will be proficient in the planning, organizing, directing and controlling of a business, including organizational and human aspects, with emphasis on various theories of management, managing economic resources and decision making. Emphasis is placed on the ownership of small business enterprises.
What will I learn from this certification?
- Major disciplines of business
- How to manage organizations for excellence in both performance and employee satisfaction
- Procedures for writing effective business communications
- A focus on financial accounting concepts and analysis
- An understanding of marketing management concepts
- The context and complexity of scaling a business and executing a business model
What’s in it for you:
- A personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
- 100% fully online classes.
- Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
- Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
Apply to MDC using the college-wide application system. Students need to declare a "pre-select" major while completing your prerequisites and general education requirements.
Students who have taken courses outside of Miami Dade College need to send official and complete transcripts to MDC Transcript Processing Services. Students with a foreign degree will need to have a course-by-course evaluation by a NACES approved company. Additionally, those who graduated from an institution located in a country whose native language is not English will need to have a translation by an approved company, and passing TOEFL or IELTS scores in order to validate their foreign degree. Students who do not have the ability to have their foreign baccalaureate degrees posted to MDC must see an advisor.