Polk State College
Bachelor of Science, Nursing (RN to BSN)
The RN to BSN program at Polk State College provides registered nurses with the opportunity to advance in their educational and career goals. The bachelor degree program emphasizes leadership and professional development to strengthen skills to professionally and safely deliver evidenced-based care.
If you have an Associate degree in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing from an approved program, this program can help you prepare for the next phase of your career in medicine.
What can I do with this degree?
Here are some common professional paths for graduates:
- Physician's Office Nurse
- Hospital or Surgical Nurse
- School Nurse
- Medical and Health Services Manager
- Health Educator
- And more!
What’s in it for you:
- A personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
- 100% fully online classes.
- Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
- Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
Associate Programs: Open Access
- Prospective students with qualifying high school diplomas or an equivalency are eligible to apply. Generally qualifying students have earned a standard high school diploma, General Education Development (GED) diploma, or a college placement test-eligible certificate of completion. Home-schooled students who have met the school attendance policy as defined in Florida Statute 1002.41 and have completed all curriculum requirements for graduation as defined by Florida Statute 1003.43, must submit a completed Home School Affidavit.
- Students must submit official transcripts to the College.
Bachelor’s Degree Program Admission
- Admission to this program requires an AS/AAS or AA degree (or the equivalent) from a regionally-accredited school or college. If the student’s associate’s degree is not from a regionally- accredited institution, but one that is accredited by a body that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, a course-by-course evaluation will be done in accordance with Polk State College’s transfer practices and policies.
- Students must have at least a 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 point scale.