B.A., Criminal Justice - Criminalistics
Saint Leo University
Bachelor of Arts, Criminal Justice - Criminalistics
Saint Leo’s B.A. in Criminal Justice – Criminalistics specialization trains students in crime scene investigation and forensic science. Crime scene analysts process evidence—such as DNA, fingerprints, and bullets—in a forensics lab to help identify suspects and reconstruct the events of a crime.
Students will learn the latest techniques from faculty members who have served as real-life crime scene investigators. Students will gain expertise in crime scene processing, fingerprint analysis, evidence preservation, and blood stain interpretation, while building job-ready skills in scientific writing and courtroom testimony. Courses place special emphasis on the sequential processing of crime scenes, crime scene safety, DNA analysis, crime scene photography and videotaping, and the presentation of scientifically sound information in the courtroom.
What can I do with this Degree?
- Crime Lab Analyst
- Fraud Investigator
- Forensic Lab Technician
- Insurance Investigator
- Crime Scene Investigator
- And more!
What’s in it for you:
- A personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
- 100% fully online classes.
- Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
- Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
To apply for admission, please submit the following:
- Official transcript from each regionally accredited college or university attended.
- Students with GPA less than 2.0 may be considered for provisional admission into Saint Leo University.
- If fewer than 12 credit hours have been earned from another regionally accredited college or university, also submit:
- An official secondary school transcript, or
- An official GED score report Submit official academic transcript
Official transcripts must be sent directly from your high school and/or college to:
Saint Leo University - Admissions
1120 E. Kennedy Boulevard, Suite 214
Tampa, FL 33602
Prior to first term course registration, students will need to submit a copy of a government issued Photo ID.