B.A., Elementary Education
Saint Leo University
Bachelor of Arts, Elementary Education
Saint Leo’s B.A. in Elementary Education is designed if you plan to teach in elementary school and to qualify for Florida teacher certification. Because this is a state-approved Teacher Education Program, Saint Leo you can be assured Florida certification, as well as ESOL and Reading Endorsements.
The Elementary Education degree will prepare you to have the knowledge of self, students, context, setting, pedagogy and content. You will be prepared to have conceptual and practical skills needed to design, implement, and evaluate educational experiences in contexts beyond traditional classrooms. Coursework aligns with the Florida Educator Accomplished Practices. When you graduate from the program with a Reading Endorsement and an ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) Endorsement you will be eligible to receive a teaching certificate from the Florida Department of Education.
The fully online B.A. in Elementary Education is unique as courses are a blend of the traditional asynchronous format and synchronous meetings using the web conferencing feature within the University’s learning management system. The B.A. in Elementary Education features a core of 16 courses. Within those courses are three practica/field experiences with associated seminars and a full-time final internship and associated seminar.
What can I do with this Degree?
- Elementary School Teacher
- Preschool Teacher
- Kindergarten Teacher
- And more!
What’s in it for you:
- A Complete Florida personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
- Finish in 12 months: Students can earn their degree in a year or opt for a slower progression.
- Affordable: Most students can complete the program for about $5,000 including tuition, fees and books.
- Online courses: Courses are offered 100% online on your time.
- Industry-focused curriculum: The RN-to-BSN curriculum was developed in conjunction with Central Florida healthcare providers.
- Experienced faculty: Our faculty are full-time, dedicated instructors who are focused on student success.
- Nationally accredited: ACEN accreditation demonstrates commitment to national nursing education standards.
- Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
- Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
To apply for admission, please submit the following:
- Official transcript from each regionally accredited college or university attended.
- Students with GPA less than 2.0 may be considered for provisional admission into Saint Leo University.
- If fewer than 12 credit hours have been earned from another regionally accredited college or university, also submit:
- An official secondary school transcript, or
- An official GED score report Submit official academic transcript
Official transcripts must be sent directly from your high school and/or college to:
Saint Leo University - Admissions
1120 E. Kennedy Boulevard, Suite 214
Tampa, FL 33602
Prior to first term course registration, students will need to submit a copy of a government issued Photo ID.