B.A., Human Services
Saint Leo University
Bachelor of Arts, Human Services
B.A. Human Service is an interdisciplinary applied program that promotes service to others. It fosters an understanding of the causes and consequences of individual and social problems and prepares you for careers in the helping professions.
When you are in the program you will learn how to become an effective leader in varied settings such as family, child and youth service agencies; group homes and halfway houses, such as centers for people with cognitive, developmental, or intellectual disabilities, mental health issues, correctional facilities, and programs concerned with alcoholism, drug abuse, family violence and aging. The B.A in Human Services helps build a foundation in social policy, group skills, psychology, sociology, diversity issues and research methods. You will develop a professional identity through advanced field placements—supervised opportunities to learn roles, skills and administrative processes.
What can I do with this Degree?
- Family Support Worker
- Government Benefits Eligibility Specialist
- Substance Abuse Counselor
- Community Outreach Worker
- And more!
What’s in it for you:
- A personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
- 100% fully online classes.
- Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
- Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
To apply for admission, please submit the following:
- Official transcript from each regionally accredited college or university attended.
- Students with GPA less than 2.0 may be considered for provisional admission into Saint Leo University.
- If fewer than 12 credit hours have been earned from another regionally accredited college or university, also submit:
- An official secondary school transcript, or
- An official GED score report Submit official academic transcript
Official transcripts must be sent directly from your high school and/or college to:
Saint Leo University - Admissions
1120 E. Kennedy Boulevard, Suite 214
Tampa, FL 33602
Prior to first term course registration, students will need to submit a copy of a government issued Photo ID.