B.A., Psychology - General
Saint Leo University
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology - General
Nationwide, psychology is the most in-demand liberal arts degree. It is also one of the most versatile degrees, preparing you to work in more diverse settings than just about any other program.
The Saint Leo College of Arts & Sciences’ B.A. in Psychology program introduces students to the broad range of theories used in understanding human behavior. The program provides a well-rounded education in the discipline, with the opportunity for you to tailor the curriculum to meet your individual needs.
What can I do with this Degree?
Upon graduation you can pursue advanced study in psychology, as well as employment in human services settings and in mental health facilities. A major in psychology is also great preparation for a career in law, business, human resource management, or advertising and sales.
If your goal is to practice as a clinical social worker, marriage and family therapist, or mental health counselor you should plan to pursue a master’s degree in an approved program upon completion of their bachelor’s degree. Many states require a professional license to practice in these fields, for which a master’s degree in an approved program may be necessary.
Career paths include:
- Case manager
- Career counselor
- Health educator
- Child welfare worker
- And more!
What’s in it for you:
- A personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
- 100% fully online classes.
- Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
- Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
To apply for admission, please submit the following:
- Official transcript from each regionally accredited college or university attended.
- Students with GPA less than 2.0 may be considered for provisional admission into Saint Leo University.
- If fewer than 12 credit hours have been earned from another regionally accredited college or university, also submit:
- An official secondary school transcript, or
- An official GED score report Submit official academic transcript
Official transcripts must be sent directly from your high school and/or college to:
Saint Leo University - Admissions
1120 E. Kennedy Boulevard, Suite 214
Tampa, FL 33602
Prior to first term course registration, students will need to submit a copy of a government issued Photo ID.