B.A., Sociology - General
Saint Leo University
Bachelor of Arts, Sociology - General
The online Bachelor of Arts in Sociology program at Saint Leo trains you to study social behavior, society as a human construction, and the individual-society relationship. If you are majoring in sociology you will gain analytical skills– theoretical and applied– that enable you to investigate the groups and social institutions people form, and the ways in which the individual is shaped by this social environment.
When you graduate with a degree in sociology you may be highly sought by recruiters for your ability to analyze and interpret data. Sociology offers an excellent preparation for the fast-changing, globalized world of the 21st century, by teaching skills that are portable to a variety of careers.
What can I do with this Degree?
A BA degree in Sociology helps prepare graduates for a wide variety of positions in companies, public and private agencies, and nonprofit organizations. Sociology graduates go on to hold job titles such as Project Analyst, Administrator, Researcher, or Consultant in various locations, including:
- Project Administrator
- Military Support Specialist
- Human Resources Manager
- And more!
What’s in it for you:
- A personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
- 100% fully online classes.
- Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
- Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
To apply for admission, please submit the following:
- Official transcript from each regionally accredited college or university attended.
- Students with GPA less than 2.0 may be considered for provisional admission into Saint Leo University.
- If fewer than 12 credit hours have been earned from another regionally accredited college or university, also submit:
- An official secondary school transcript, or
- An official GED score report Submit official academic transcript
Official transcripts must be sent directly from your high school and/or college to:
Saint Leo University - Admissions
1120 E. Kennedy Boulevard, Suite 214
Tampa, FL 33602
Prior to first term course registration, students will need to submit a copy of a government issued Photo ID.