B.G.S., Integrative General Studies
University of Central Florida
Bachelor of General Studies, Integrative General Studies
The Bachelor of Integrative General Studies offers you a flexible and self-designed curriculum. The program allows you to draw on your multidisciplinary course work to refine and demonstrate your attainment of six learning outcomes that are in high demand.
- Understanding of common human themes, awareness of diverse cultures, and understanding of the cultural, historical, economic, and social implications of learning experiences.
- Accomplishments as successful writers, speakers, and producers of digital materials in the academic, civic, and professional worlds.
- Understanding of scientific methods and ability to apply them to challenges facing society.
- Capacity as well-informed citizens who can reason and can apply analytical, statistical, and computational methods to the challenges of a globally-diverse and technologically rich environment.
- Ability to assess and decipher information in a world full of conflicting sources.
- Understanding of leadership skills, including decision-making, collaboration, and problem-solving.
What can I do with this Degree?
- Community service manager
- Nonprofit manager
- Film director
- Sales manager
- Creative writer
- And more!
What’s in it for you:
- A personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
- 100% fully online classes.
- Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
- Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
- Approval by College of Undergraduate Studies and Knights Student Success Center
- Completion of 75 or more credit hours
- Students must declare the BIGS major prior to filing their intent to graduate.
- Students must earn at least a “C” (2.0) in each core course.
- Courses designated in 1 (General Education Program) and 2 (Common Program Prerequisites) are usually completed in the first 60 hours.
- Students in this program are not eligible for a double degree or double major.