B.G.S., Criminal Justice
University of South Florida
Bachelor of General Studies, Criminal Justice
The Criminal Justice concentration provides you with an exposure to all facets of the criminal justice system including law enforcement, detention, the judiciary, corrections, and probation and parole. The objective of the concentration in Criminal Justice is to develop a sound educational basis either for graduate work or for professional training in one or more of the specialized areas comprising the modern urban criminal justice system.
What can I do with this degree?
Here are some common professional paths for graduates:
- Law Enforcement Officer
- Fraud Investigator
- Juvenile Justice Program Staff
- Forensic Science Technician
- Field Agent
- And more!
What’s in it for you:
- A Complete Florida personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
- Finish in 12 months: Students can earn their degree in a year or opt for a slower progression.
- Affordable: Most students can complete the program for about $5,000 including tuition, fees and books.
- Online courses: Courses are offered 100% online on your time.
- Industry-focused curriculum: The RN-to-BSN curriculum was developed in conjunction with Central Florida healthcare providers.
- Experienced faculty: Our faculty are full-time, dedicated instructors who are focused on student success.
- Nationally accredited: ACEN accreditation demonstrates commitment to national nursing education standards.
- Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
- Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Application for admission
- Non-refundable $30 application fee
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended (current up to time of application)
- Any college or university work that was completed at a non-U.S. institution must be submitted along with a course-by-course Foreign Credential Evaluation from a Credential Evaluation Service
- Official IELTS or TOEFL scores, if applicable
In order to be admitted into the Bachelor of General Studies (BGS) program, applicants must:
- Have completed at least 60 credit hours at a regionally accredited college or university
- Have been out of school for approximately three or more years
- Complete a screened application process conducted by a program advisor
- Be in good standing with former educational institutions
- Meet USF general admissions standards for transfer students
- Additional requirements may apply, if you are a former USF student