B.G.S., Public Administration
University of South Florida
Bachelor of General Studies, Public Administration
The Public Administration concentration courses will benefit you if you are preparing for a career in local, state, or federal agencies of government, nonprofit organizations, and special service districts and/or graduate work in public administration and related fields.
What can I do with this degree?
Here are some common professional paths for graduates:
- City Manager
- Policy Advisor
- Budget Analyst
- Legislative Staff
- Public Relations Staff
- And more!
What’s in it for you:
- A personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
- 100% fully online classes.
- Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
- Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Application for admission
- Non-refundable $30 application fee
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended (current up to time of application)
- Any college or university work that was completed at a non-U.S. institution must be submitted along with a course-by-course Foreign Credential Evaluation from a Credential Evaluation Service
- Official IELTS or TOEFL scores, if applicable
In order to be admitted into the Bachelor of General Studies (BGS) program, applicants must:
- Have completed at least 60 credit hours at a regionally accredited college or university
- Have been out of school for approximately three or more years
- Complete a screened application process conducted by a program advisor
- Be in good standing with former educational institutions
- Meet USF general admissions standards for transfer students
- Additional requirements may apply, if you are a former USF student