B.G.S., Public Health
University of South Florida
Bachelor of General Studies, Public Health
Upon completion of the Public Health concentration, you will be able to articulate the role of public health in disease prevention and health promotion at various levels (from state to global); describe public health concepts and issues; discuss and analyze current public health issues; describe career paths in public health; and develop an understanding of public health that can serve as a foundation for the pursuit of graduate public health degrees.
What can I do with this degree?
Here are some common professional paths for graduates:
- Patient Care Services Administrator
- Medical Office Manager
- Medical Staff Relations Officer
- Rehabilitation Services Manager
- Community Health Manager
- And more!
What’s in it for you:
- A personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
- 100% fully online classes.
- Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
- Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Application for admission
- Non-refundable $30 application fee
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended (current up to time of application)
- Any college or university work that was completed at a non-U.S. institution must be submitted along with a course-by-course Foreign Credential Evaluation from a Credential Evaluation Service
- Official IELTS or TOEFL scores, if applicable
In order to be admitted into the Bachelor of General Studies (BGS) program, applicants must:
- Have completed at least 60 credit hours at a regionally accredited college or university
- Have been out of school for approximately three or more years
- Complete a screened application process conducted by a program advisor
- Be in good standing with former educational institutions
- Meet USF general admissions standards for transfer students
- Additional requirements may apply, if you are a former USF student