University of West Florida
Bachelor of Science, Nursing (RN to BSN)
UWF’s RN to BSN nursing program prepares our students to become clinical generalists who are leaders, managers, and lifelong learners. The role of the nurse is one that requires critical thinking, communication, independent judgment and familiarity with social, political, cultural, ethical, and economic issues that affect health care and the nursing professional.
Our RN to BSN online degree program will give you what you need to open doors to new and more advanced nursing positions and help meet your personal career goals. This online program track is open to RNs who hold current licensure (via ASN or diploma) and an associate degree from a junior or community college, or have completed the General Studies curriculum.
What can I do with this degree?
Here are some common professional paths for graduates:
- Physician's Office Nurse
- Hospital or Surgical Nurse
- School Nurse
- Medical and Health Services Manager
- Health Educator
- And more!
What’s in it for you:
- A personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
- 100% fully online classes.
- Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
- Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
To be considered for admission, applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of a 2.00 from all attempted college courses. In addition, applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of a 2.00 and be in good academic standing at your most recent institution prior to enrolling at UWF.
Fewer than 60 credit hours:
High School Academic Courses- Eligible candidates should have the following courses completed in these subject areas at the time of high school graduation: Official SAT or ACT +writing scores are required for an admission decision. We superscore, which means, we will take the best sub sectional scores from each ACT or SAT you submit. Therefore, you should submit all SAT or ACT scores for consideration.
Follow the list below:
• 4 units – English
• 4 units – Math (Algebra I and above)
• 3 units – Natural Science
• 3 units – Social Science
• 2 units – Foreign Language - Level 1 & 2 (same language)
• 2 units – Electives from areas above
A.A. degree or more than 60 credit hours:
- Review Admissions dates and deadlines
- Send your college transcripts
- Check your application status
- Apply for Federal Financial Aid- school code 003955
- Apply for a Complete Florida Scholarship
- Request exception to immunization requirement
- Review online course offerings
- Contact your Academic Advisor
- Review academic dates and deadlines
- Review registration instructions
- Review class schedule details
- Pay fees