Cert., Systems Security Certified Practitioner
University of West Florida
Certificate, Systems Security Certified Practitioner
Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) is a premier security certification offered by ISC(2), ideal for those wanting to begin or advance a career in computer networking or security.
This program will teach you the dynamics of data communications, including network security, telecommunications, remote access, firewalls, proxy servers, and wireless and cellular technologies. You’ll learn how to identify and mitigate malicious codes such as viruses, Trojans, logic bombs, social engineering, insider threats, data theft, DDoS, spoofing, Phishing, Pharming, and spam. You'll also explore authentication and access control methods. You'll learn about AAA and trusts, and you'll become familiar with identity management and cloud computing concepts.
What can I do with this certification?
Here are some common professional paths for graduates:
- Information Security Analyst
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Security Management Specialist
- Computer User Support Specialist
- And more!
What’s in it for you:
- A personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
- 100% fully online classes.
- Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
- Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
Pass preliminary UWF IT Academy Pretest (a free test given twice a week and can be emailed to you) and/or complete Introduction to PC Security. (Ed2Go).