B.A.S., Information Technology
Bachelor of Applied Science, Information Technology
Do you enjoy using technology to solve problems? Are you interested in creating applications, developing websites, and program software to improve efficiency? A degree in information technology can hold a wide variety of intellectually challenging, higher-earning jobs.
If you hold an associate in information technology, a Bachelor of Applied Science in Information Technology will provide you an opportunity to further your education. Upon completion of this program you will have the skills and knowledge required to become a successful Information Technology professional and leader. This degree will provide you with studies in software development, management of information systems and data structures. The curriculum offers a learner-centered and practical approach to understanding and applying computer information technology.
What can I do with this Degree?
- IT Consultant
- Web Developer
- Software Developer
- Mobile Application Developer
- Cloud Architect
- And more!
What’s in it for you:
- A Complete Florida personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
- Finish in 12 months: Students can earn their degree in a year or opt for a slower progression.
- Affordable: Most students can complete the program for about $5,000 including tuition, fees and books.
- Online courses: Courses are offered 100% online on your time.
- Industry-focused curriculum: The RN-to-BSN curriculum was developed in conjunction with Central Florida healthcare providers.
- Experienced faculty: Our faculty are full-time, dedicated instructors who are focused on student success.
- Nationally accredited: ACEN accreditation demonstrates commitment to national nursing education standards.
- Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
- Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
Degree Seeking Students
Prospective students who intend to complete a degree, must have a standard high school diploma with an eligible high school diploma type; a GED; or must be home education graduates who completed requirements in accordance with Florida Statutes. To be admitted as degree seeking, all applicants must submit official complete transcripts from high school and all colleges attended beyond high school prior to enrollment. Placement determination is also required prior to enrollment.
Transfer students must follow all the admission procedures indicated in this section of the catalog. Transfer students should also observe the following requirements: Students who have fewer than 24 credits at the college level must submit official electronic transcripts from their high school and all colleges and universities attended.
Broward College offers bachelor degree programs in various workforce demand areas. Prospective students are eligible to apply for admission to bachelor degree programs upon completion of an Associate of Arts (AA), an Associate of Science (AS), or 60 applicable college-level credits. Applicants to Bachelor programs must first apply and be accepted by Broward College as a degree-seeking student ($35.00 application fee required or $75.00 for International applicants) and must meet admission requirements for the Bachelor program for which they are applying.
A supplemental application is also required and is available on the Broward College website at www.broward.edu/admissions/Pages/BachelorProgram.aspx.