B.S., Public Relations
Bachelor of Science, Public Relations
From writing and research to strategy and visual communication, this program focuses on foundational disciplines for anyone pursuing a career in the public relations industry. The in-depth and rigorous curriculum at UF’s College of Journalism and Communications trains students in public policy, social psychology, social media, information management and more. Graduates are ready to lead strategic communications within an organization as well as between an organization and its external environment.
What can I do with this degree?
Here are some common professional paths for graduates:
- Technical Writer
- Campaign and Event Manager
- Communications Specialist
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist
- Social Media Coordinator
- And more!
What’s in it for you:
The Gators Online Advantage:
- Flexible, fully-online courses
- Affordable tuition and financial aid options
- Access to UF’s exclusive career services
- World-renowned UF faculty
- Earn a degree from the #12 online bachelor’s program (U.S. News & World Report, 2018)
- Join a Gator nation network 400,000 strong
- Dedicated academic advisor to guide you throughout your academic career
Please set an Appointment or fill out the Contact Me form, and a Complete Florida coach will assist you in determining your eligibility for this program.
First-time applicants will require:
- About thirty minutes to complete the online application
- $37 non-refundable application fee ($30 is the application fee and $7 is a processing fee)
- High school and previous college information
UF Online has three start times a year. Pick the one that works best for your goals and timeline:
- Fall programs start in August, with an application deadline in June
- Spring programs start in January, with an application deadline in October
- Summer programs start in May, with an application deadline in February
Final decisions are rendered on a rolling basis.
Interested in this degree?
Schedule an Appointment
Choose the date and time that works best for you to speak with a Complete Florida coach.Schedule Appointment
We'll contact you to discuss opportunities that best fit your needs.